Sunday, January 30, 2011

bra fitting

Well, I can mark another item off my list. T came along with me for my bra fitting. I'll tell you what, some women have absolutely no issues with being nude, but I am not one of them. After mearsuing me, the lady said she'd be back with some bra's for me to try. I told her that I was interested in a Spanx. The lady told me that she didn't think that she could get me one of those because I was measuring a 36 DDD!!!! Are you freaking kidding me! Long story short, we agreed that I could also wear a 38 DD to make it a little easier to find bras but she encouraged me to only take that option if I had to. After trying on at least 6 or 7 different bras I had a hard time figuring anything out. I had my heart set on the Spanx so I bought one. I'm wearing it right now but I'm still not sure if it's the right bra for me. I felt obligated to buy a bra after the woman spent all the time with me but should have probably taken T's advice and just waited around a bit.

What I did learn in the end is that there is no standard bra size out there and you should try on every single one before you buy it. If you like it in the store, buy a million of them and go home. I'm still waiting for that perfect bra. As of right now, the Spanx is not perfect. So, my search continues.

2 comments:

  1. Bras are awful...kay but I finally broke down last year and went to Lane Bryant to look for one. I hated going there because it's like admitting that I'm "plus size" despite it being pretty common knowlegde to the rest of the world! Anyway, I bought two of them because it was buy one get one half off. They are the best fitting and most comfortable bras I have ever owned and they are pretty! They have wide padded straps that get wider at the shoulder and there are lots of different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may need your support (no pun intended) to get fitted myself, i just went back to bras after more than a year in those comfy nursing tanks and none of them seem to fit well! I would just keep wearing the tanks but they now make me look flat chested!

    ReplyDelete