Friday, October 1, 2010

30B430!

Well, my journey to 30 isn't far from being over. In just 8 short months, I'll be there...Here's a list of things I'd like to do before that day arrives. I think today's date is pretty cool 10-01-10.

I have a little over 5 months left and it's sure not looking good....

Completed 7 out of 30

1. see where my mom grew up (LA -- Sun Valley) DONE
2. go whale watching in the Pacific DONE
3. see the Ellen Show in person
-- this isn't looking so good; I haven't heard from an Ellen rep about tickets yet :(
-- I was able to walk on the Ellen set, stand on her star, and dance across the same row she does, I'm going to count this! DONE
4. be a mom of two (this one isn't happening -- but I left it here because I always thought I'd have 2 kids when I was 30)
5. bake a cake from scratch DONE
-- Baked P's birthday cake
6. attack the Vermonster (again)
7. go blonde (again) DONE...kind of
8. watch 5 movies based on books (and read the books) -- [0/5 Books 0/5 Movies]
-- currently working on "The Help"
9. go camping with the family
10. mentor a child
11. take a dance lesson
12. swim with dolphins
13. attend a cooking class
14. send gifts to three people for no reason [2/3]
-- gave my friend K a onesie for an expected little girl!!
-- sent my friend R an outfit for her new daughter
15. send 30 cards to 30 different people for no reason [2/30]
-- card to GeGe from P
-- card to BFF
16. cook a 3 course dinner and have a dinner party -- with fine china
-- I made Christmas dinner for family and used china...not sure if this counts yet
17. drive a convertible
-- I've been pricing convertibles lately; can't wait!
18. actually make it up on water ski's
-- this might not happen; I hadn't thought about weather over the next 8 months
19. complete a 365 photo project (in 8 months - 243 days)
20. get a tattoo
21. ride a horse on the beach
22. ride a mechanical bull
23. learn how to shoot a gun
24. watch a movie (in a theater) by myself
25. make a photo book of just Louis and I
-- in progress
26. edit and make my mom's story book a real book (and try to get it published)
27. participate in lent
28. travel to two states I've never been to before DONE
-- California
-- Utah
29. get fitted for a bra (and buy a nice one)
-- Done
30. witness a miracle

Here are 5 more to give me a little wiggle room.
31. get my eyebrows waxed
32. toast with an expensive champagne
33. dance on the bar at Coyote Ugly
34. go on a real date with Louis to a fancy restaurant...
35. complete a major sewing project

2 comments:

  1. Yea! Love it! Glad your list is up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. can I come to your dinner party? Thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete