Sunday, September 5, 2010

I hate walking!

...but I'm glad I went.

L slept in this morning (like he does pretty much every single morning he can) so I loaded P in the car and we went to Shelby Farms. Most of the time I wish I had a partner in all this. I think I'm pretty lucky to have such a great place at my disposal so I might as well take advantage of it. The walked started out pretty shaky. My Maclaren stroller wasn't having the MAJOR off roading that we had to do because of MAJOR construction (this will be nice when it's done though). I did not enjoy that part at all. I sure would have liked some advance notice. The entire time I kept thinking about how much I hate walking but I tried to use the time as spiritual me time as well. With P in the stroller, all was quiet and peaceful. After about 45 minutes of intense walking P was getting restless so I let him walk around. Funny that it was about 45 more minutes before we made it to the car (he's super slow and we only had about 10 minutes of walking left). I ran into an old friend and we talked the last 30 minutes, which helped the time fly. Once I was in the car, I was glad I went. I went home and had my recovery drink (hehe). I figured if I'd earned 6 activity points, I could afford some chocolate milk.

Now, I've got to find another place to walk until they're done with construction. I don't feel safe walking most places here though...

1 comment:

  1. Germantown greenway, nice and shady. Walking path at the cordova library off trinity rd. Patriod lake has a walking trail.

    ReplyDelete