Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lose for Good

Well...I'm up this week; one stick of butter (.4lbs) to be exact. I expected more (at one point this week, my scale said I was up 4 lbs) so you can imagine I was actually quite happy with that number. I'd like to use muscle building as an excuse, but who knows for sure why I'm up. I've got to start being consistent! I only have 23 lbs to go before I reach my goal weight, but as I remember from last time, those pounds seem to take the longest to get off. This week, WW started their Lose for Good campaign (I believe this is their third year do to it).
Every WW member pound lost accumulates to the goal of 1 million pounds lost, then WW makes donations based on every million lost. BUT... for every pound I lose, I'm going to donate one canned good to the food bank. It's supposed to symbolize one pound lost, one pound donated. Today I held 7 lbs of canned goods and it's insane to feel that and imagine it being gone. I've been having a hard time finding the motivation to stick with the strict program but I hope that this can help me.

As part of the challenge, I've also set some goals for myself for the next 7 weeks.

--lose 7 lbs
--drink 8 glasses of water a day
--track meals and snacks
--attend WW meetings
--one cheat meal every other week instead of every week

Here's where I need your advice...I'm torn between this last goal...I'd like it to be related to losing weight and donating food.

--if I fail to lose 7 lbs in a week, I will donate an additional 7 non-perishable goods to the food bank
OR
--I will donate 2 non-perishable goods for every pound over 7 that I lose.
OR
--I will donate 1 non-perishable good for every day that I do not meet a goal.
OR
--your suggested goal
OR
--any combination of these

It seems to me that either way, the food bank wins but I'm just not sure which sounds better as far as motivation for me.

I'd like to challenge you guys to participate in this challenge in some capacity. You don't have to join WW...you don't have to lose weight...but I'd like you to set some healthy goals for yourself and have some sort of food bank donation as an end result of your goals. I'd like to hear what you think.

3 comments:

  1. I like the second option so that it is a reward for losing the weight rather than a consequence if you don't. It also keeps it associated with pounds lost for food donated. You can totally do it and lots more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I with Amanda, I like the second option too. But I think you should also do the the third goal. Have rewards and consequences.

    I think I could do the third one too. I have 15 days left in my challenge, on days I don't accomplish everything, I'll donate a canned good. :D

    ReplyDelete