Tuesday, August 31, 2010

SUSHI!!

I made sushi tonight...not my best work; but I think with a little practice, I can get better. Check out my fake sushi mat. I found this place-mat at Walmart for $.50. It wasn't perfect, but I think it helped.

roll #1 begins (I later figured out that you shouldn't put rice on the entire seaweed sheet
when all my rice started flowing out the end).

cream cheese, cucumber, avocado, "crabstick"

roll #1

starting roll #2
(notice the extra strip of seaweed, it helped me roll tighter)

I didn't roll the first one very well, but it tasted pretty good.

roll #2

L wasn't impressed (and honestly, neither was I)...part of me wants to try again and see what I can do. The flavor wasn't the same. I'm not sure what I was missing...maybe it's the eel sauce. I kid...I guess I need to take a class on sushi rolling 101.

2 comments:

  1. It's tomorrow!! I want to see! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm impressed! Maybe try some toasted sesame seeds on top for flavor, yummm!

    ReplyDelete