Monday, August 2, 2010

well, the 7 day sugar cleanse has ended!! THANK GOODNESS...

I've been busy this weekend so I'll do a quick update. Saturday I started WW again (for real this time...like, I'm going to meetings and all). I really like WW because it's kind of like AA for those of us who have an addiction to food. The sugar cleanse ended on Saturday as well. I treated myself to a small vanilla milkshake after it was done and felt pretty sick afterward. I love ice cream but it seems that lately, I've felt pretty gross after I am done. Anyway, long story short, what did I learn this week?

1. EVERYTHING that is good has sugar in it (except for chips and only certain cheese dips)
2. I love chocolate chip pancakes more than anything else in the world (sorry, that came out of nowhere)
3. The challenge was difficult in the beginning, but after the first day it was pretty easy to find meals as long as I planned them in advance.
4. I enjoy cooking meals like the "real" chefs do (with a million different ingredients!)
5. I love banana nut bread!
6. I do not enjoy apple banana bread!
7. I couldn't do a sugar cleanse for more than 7 days!
8. In the end, I didn't miss sugar as much as I thought I would.

So, back to the WW update. I began my WW journey in October of 2006. It sure doesn't seem like it was almost 4 years ago. I made lifetime in June 2008 [after 6 weeks maintenance]...wow, that was 2 years ago when I was 10 weeks pregnant with P. Since then, my journey has consisted of mostly back roads and dead ends. As L would describe, I've been yo-yoing for the last 18 months. So, I'm calculating an approximate goal for the 34 lbs that I have left to lose to meet my lifetime status again. I was at my current weight 194.8 in May 2007 and hit my lowest point in May 2008 (kind of sad that it took me a year to lose 36.4 lbs). Realistically I have to set my weight loss goal of 33.8 lbs for 9 months from now (May 2011). I need to lose approx. 4 lbs a month.

Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. So many numbers! I'm glad you've made a decision on going back to WW, it must be really nice to have that support and encouragement there for you and you did great before...you'll do great again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lot of numbers!! Thanks! I just hope I can be patient. I'm not the best person to wait.

    ReplyDelete