Tuesday, July 13, 2010

No Sugar??

Well, I've decided to do it...it sure will be tough.

Next week, I'm going without "ADDED" sugar for 7 days. Louis is off 4 of the 7 days and we usually have our "date lunches" -- what was I thinking! Till then, I'm going to research things without added sugar and go ahead and plan my meals for the 7 day period. I really don't have a reason for this except that I'm craving sweets like you wouldn't believe and they seem to be my downfall. Sweets lead to salty, which leads to more sweets, which leads to more salty...you see my problem.

I haven't been good since I stopped the whole "document your every bite of food" challenge. I've probably gained all the weight back (I haven't checked). I'll check on Monday...

So, no ketchup or ranch...but milk and beef is acceptable. I'm not considering this a diet, just a way to challenge myself to eat healthier.

Thanks a lot Lacey! (a hint of sarcasm ;-)

4 comments:

  1. You're going to do awesome!!! No sugar challenge! Woo Hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember Ellen doing the sugar clense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had forgotten all about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! So glad I helped inspire. One thing is for sure though - quitting sugar is like quitting smoking. The first 7 days are going to SUCK, which is why it is suggested to go for at least a month. The first 2 weeks, you are still craving sugar, but by the 3rd week, alot of it is out of your system, and your body is starting to get used to not having it. If sweets are your downfall, this is a fabulous way to kick it!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete