Friday, July 9, 2010

some of my favorites

Here are a few staples in my house right now...

Jif Natural -- 190 calories (5). I rarely eat 2 tbs at a time. I blame blog posts a certain two ladies had about spoonfuls of peanut butter!! PB is super high in calories and fat, but it's a good source of protein.
Archer Farms dill pickle flavored cashews -- 160 calories (4) for 1/4 of a cup (but I rarely eat a full serving at a time) I like these because the dill flavoring is a type of flavor that is best in moderation.
Natura Valley granola thins -- D-FRIGGIN-LICIOUS! 80 calories (2). Not normally something I'd waste 2 pts. on, but it's like eating a cookie and well, cookies are usually 4 pts. a piece.

AND THE BIG DEAL!!
Thomas thin bagels [110 calories (1)] and high fiber English muffins [100 calories (1)]. The bagels are a big deal for me because I LOVE bagels! Usually, they're about 4 pts. a piece. I can make my usual breakfast sandwich for about 4 pts [compare to a regular McDonald's bacon, egg and chesse biscuit covered in butter at 420 calories (10)]

3 comments:

  1. That breakfast sandwich looks so good! And I love those dill pickle flavored cashews!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that breakfast looks delicious! Is that turkey bacon I see??

    By the way, peanut butter is high in fat, but it is at least mostly good fat. :) And great to eat after workouts.

    I've never seen those granola thins....

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's actually not turkey bacon -- this might be crazy, but I tend to stay away from turkey bacon because the turkey bacon I've seen is higher in sodium. I prefer Oscar Mayer ready to eat bacon because of my laziness.

    ReplyDelete