Sunday, July 18, 2010

not yet...

well, L isn't being supportive. Apparently this is the stupidest thing I've done. I guess I know where he's coming from. When I first read about this in Lacey's post, I thought...this is stupid. EVERYTHING has sugar (milk was the one thing for me that you just can't cut out but it doesn't have added sugar). I did realize that it's the added sugar that is important. I guess that maybe it's more about limiting my added sugars. This morning I tried to get started. I had milk, eggs, and cheese for breakfast. But when lunch time came around, I couldn't find a thing to eat. I'd planned on tuna and crackers for lunch [mayo and crackers have sugar in them]. I also think I need to research more possibilities since apparently EVERYTHING in my kitchen cabinets has sugar in it. I've found some recipes for crackers and tortilla's without sugar and I plan on making those. I'm going to give myself another week and start things next Sunday. If you have any ideas or good recipes for me, add them in the comments. This is going to be harder than I thought. Fingers crossed...

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon this blog The domestic vegan there are some recipes under her 30 day sugar clense. Good luck, if you need someone to come take all your sugar just call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that there is a No Sugar Added spaghetti sauce, it's in the big cans and it tastes pretty good. It's a little thinner for some reason, but it would help in a pinch, you could make chicken or eggplant parmesan with it or have it over spaghetti squash with some cheese. Also, you have to remember that "sugars" is a strange category of carbohydrate that isn't always really "sugar" Does that even make any sense? Maybe you could set yourself a sugar limit per serving and not go over that?

    ReplyDelete