Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 3

well, I gave up on Xanga so here I am...

in case you want to go back to the other blog for days 1 and 2 or for my weight loss journey up to this point, click here!

Anyway...it's day 3 of the conscious eating challenge and I can say that this seems to be a pretty good source of motivation for healthy eating for me. I enjoy blogging...I enjoy taking pictures...why not combine the two. I definitely would not be able to pull this off if I was working (I don't know how Tina does it).

Day 3 started off with a quick visit to the Wii Fit board-man.
I drank a liter of water last night before bed...I think that [and the fact that I peed all night] helped in the .7 lb weight loss!

Breakfast
instant grits -- 130 calories (3)
1tbs Kraft bacon pieces -- 25 calories (0)
16g of 2% cheddar -- 45 calories (1)
water

Lunch
tuna sandwich (PF Deli Flat, 1/2 can tuna, mayo) -- approx. 175 calories (4)
BOWL of watermelon -- approx. 100 calories (2)
2 Flintstones Vitamins


Dinner
Veggie Chili (Louis had NO IDEA!) -- 230 calories (5)
used Morningstar veggie beef (already cooked and frozen in a bag)
Fritos (my splurge-high in fat) -- 160 calories (4)
2% cheddar cheese -- 90 calories (2)
1 dollop of Smart Balance sour cream -- 30 calories(1)


after dinner snack
1 cup sliced strawberries -- approx. 50 calories (1)

total points consumed -- 23
total remaining -- 2
Bonus remaining -- 9.5


I LOVE WATERMELON!

I saw the

Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™ product in Target during my last trip, threw it in the basket and brought it home cause I am a sucker for quick and easy meals. Who doesn't want to save time by not browning meat. I was a little hesitant about how Louis would react (I was pretty sure I'd like it) so I didn't say a word to him about it. I had the "beef" already cooked and in the skillet when he got home from work so he never even noticed. I thought the flavor was pretty good to be honest and will definitely buy it in the future. The bag says that there's about 80 calories in each serving (the bag equals a pound of beef) and 5 servings in the bag. If you were to compare those nutritional stats with even the leanest beef out there, it couldn't compete. My goal is to try to buy it at least 2 more times before I clue Louis in. My guess is that he won't notice when it comes to spaghetti and chili but I'd be a little hesitant for other meals unless I knew the "beef" was really doused in some kind of sauce. It's got me thinking though...with that beef substitute, spaghetti squash instead of pasta, and simple sauce, spaghetti would probably be a pretty low calorie meal. [can I just say I absolutely prefer spaghetti squash over pasta but Louis doesn't care it more than once a month]


No comments:

Post a Comment