Wednesday, June 30, 2010

it's a new day...

So, today was the first day after my 30 days of craziness -- 30 days of pictures (on average 90 pictures total). Today was the day that I decided to have a blast and splurge...seriously, I was thinking about majorly big stuff...blizzards, french fries, triple Baconators (btw I've never had one of those).

But I didn't...

Had a thin sliced bagel for breakfast (only 100 calories and 1 ww point) and cream cheese (the 1/3 less fat stuff - Neufchatel cheese or whatever it is)

Met K at Lenny's for lunch -- considered the club sub (loaded with mayo) and chips but decided on the grilled chicken salad (splurged on 1 packet of blue cheese dressing and lemonade to drink). Came home and had a chocolate chip cookie (another splurge).

I think the thing that the last 30 days has taught me is that I can make "better" choices. They might not be the best, but the last 4 years of my major weight loss journey has been about making the "better" choice. I might not lose 90 pounds (I can't lose 90 lbs) like I did back then, but I can get back to a more reasonable weight. I have to think about the Biggest Loser. Those folks come on and lose a ridiculous amount of weight by the finale...most put back on about 20 lbs and will probably live that weight for the rest of their life. Why? Because it's a healthy weight for them and they've figured out how to maintain it. I've maintained my current weight for a year. It's not a healthy weight for me, but I have maintained it. I will never be a size 2...wait, I'll probably never be a size 10 but I know I can be a size 12. It may take a while...but I'll get there. Some of you out there will never understand my battle. Some of you do now...but it is what it is, my battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment