Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 6, 7, and 8

I've been out of town the last 3 days. I had initially planned to blog while I was gone, but I didn't have ANY internet connection in Vicksburg (phone or computer). Let's scratch V'burg off the list of places to move. Hehe...Anyway, counting down

Day 6
My goal was to get on the road early so I knew I wouldn't have time to make a super nice breakfast...although looking back, I could have. Once I arrived in V'burg, food was literally put on my plate for me and no matter how many times I said no, I was not respected. I did not take a picture of my meals on days 6 and some of 7 because it was completely awkward but I will list what I remember eating.

Breakfast
Slimfast chocolate royale milkshake (Silk, ice, Slimfast) -- 200 (4)

Lunch
2 small fried chicken bites (ketchup)
more fried squash than I could keep up with (kept being shoved on my plate)
chocolate cake (I asked for a small piece and got a big one)
small spoon of mashed potatoes (I'm sure they were loaded with butter and whole milk)

Dinner
lots and lots of grilled squash (seasoned with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper)
pasta salad with shrimp (she claims it had very little mayo...hmmm)
banana pudding (about a cup)

points -- no friggin idea
bonus points -- probably all gone

Day 7
Breakfast
food was waiting on me...but I fixed my plate and did not allow any extra to be put on it.
grits (1/2 a cup)
eggs (probably 1.5 eggs)
1 sausage patty
1 biscuit with a tsp of homemade jelly

Lunch
Turkey
sliced cucumbers with lite Italian
squash casserole (squash, cheese, eggs, onions?)
some sort of crab stuffing
green beans
cabbage
grilled squash (not pictured because it was thrown on my plate after I was finished)
banana pudding


afternoon snack
I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO HAVE ONE...we don't have a Sno Biz in TN
small (kiddie) orange with cream -- 260 calories (5)

Dinner
leftovers (nothing more than what you see)
squash casserole
turkey
honey dew melon
banana pudding

points -- see day 6
Bonus points remaining -- absolutely none

Day 8
Today was a traveling day so I had anticipated that eating would not go well. We got up and out the door by 8:30 this morning. Had to take my car by the shop because the check engine light came on for the trip down and well, since we spent the time to fix the air, might as well ahve the car checked. Found out that my brake wire (or something, I'm totally not car savvy) was causing the check engine light to come on and also was why my cruise wasn't working. They didn't have the part (and it wasn't unsafe to drive) so I was on my way back to Memphis.

Breakfast
Special K chocolate drizzle bar -- 90 calories (2)
bottle of water along the trip

Lunch
Subway Seafood 6" on wheat (no cheese, pickles and black olives) -- 450 (10) healthy...ha! what was I thinking...oh yeah, it was a moment of weakness because it was mom's favorite.
Lay's Light -- 75 calories (2)
finished P's apples -- ?? not counting them
sweet tea -- needed the caffeine (2)
I made a special and totally inconvenient trip to Subway in hopes of eating a bit healthier. Picture me with a 16 month old, my purse, his diaper bag, toys falling out of the car, kid screaming, etc (didn't take a picture, sorry)...but all with healthy eating in mind. P refused lunch...apparently subway is not his thing (too much bread if you ask me -- oh, and he hates slimy things).

Dinner
Have I mentioned that I came home with a ginormous bag full of all kinds of summer squash...you name it, it's in the bag. Yellow squash, patty pan squash, zucchini squash...

this isn't an actual picture of my bag o'squash...I'll take one for tomorrow's blog.

Anyway...back to Dinner
leftover veggie chili with a small bit of 2% cheese-- 250 calories (6)
squash...lots and lots of squash -- no idea...gonna guess 200 calories (4)



total calories consumed -- 26
total remaining -- (0)
total bonus remaining -- 34

tomorrow I'm going to get back on the scale and see how bad my weekend was...L is off work so I'm sure we'll probably go out to eat somewhere...stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. So what you are saying is that there is alot of squash in Vicksburg, right? At least it's good for you....(when not in a casserole or fried!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah...and now that I'm home, there's a lot of squash in Memphis ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did pretty good, all things considered. It's pretty hard to turn away homemade goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete